The Vidyalaya was
established in the year 1986 in accordance with the National
Policy of Education 1986 with the objectives to provide good
quality modern education including a strong component of
culture, inculcation of value awareness of the environment
adventure activities and physical education to the talented
children predominantly from rural areas; to ensure that
students acquire a reasonable level of competency in three
languages and to promote national integration. While education
is free in the schools including Boarding and Lodging,
Uniform and Text Books, a nominal fee of Rs 200/= per month is
collected from Boys of General category only from IX to XII.
This Vidyalaya has three well furnished labs and a rich library
housing about 6500 books.
promote National Integration among student through a policy of
encourage and promote Talent Predominantly from Rural Areas and
Weaker Section of society.
provide quality modern education for all round development of
establish pace setter institution to be models in the districts
and to be resource centers for promotion of excellence.
To provide good quality modern education to the talented
children predominantly from the rural areas, without regard to
their family's socio-economic condition.
To ensure that all students of JawaharNavodayaVidyalayas attain
a reasonable level of competence in three languages as envisaged
in the Three Language Formula.
To serve, in each district, as focal points for improvements in
quality of school education in general through sharing of
experiences and facilities.
• Review of strengths and weaknesses of implementation of action
plan2012 with respect to result ending March 2012 for Non Board
Classes and for X & XII classes after the declaration of result
of CBSE 2012.
• Writing of Teachers’ Diary fortnightly for coverage of
syllabus and recording of unit test Marks and other academic
performance of students. Daily Lesson plan Register shall be
prepared by each subject teacher for each class to be taught
• Month wise split up of syllabus of Board classes as well Non
Board classes as per NVS instructions.
• Conduct and authentic monitoring of unit Test, Term Test & Pre
• Identification of supportive learners along with the weak
areas subject wise and class wise. Maintaining records thereof
in the subject teacher’s diaries and by the Exams Section.
• Planning special coaching and remediation for supportive
• Regular correction work by subject teachers and regular
checking by Principal and Vice-Principal.
• Main stress on learning with understanding before written
practice, followed by immediate evaluation with correction,
rewriting by the students and rechecking by the subject teacher.
• Peer Tutoring in class as well as in hostels, one bright with
one weak / average student as well grouping of 4-5 students in
house, having one bright student as leader and two average and
one or two weak students in each group.
• Liaison with parents informing them academic performance of
their wards in each unit test especially of the Supportive
• Proper motivation, counseling to all students, especially to
supportive learners and behavior problematic students
• Adoption of each slow learner by different teachers to
encourage and give parental touch regarding health and happiness
and facilities to him/her
• Equipping library with reference books, sample papers and Ten
year papers for secondary and senior secondary classes.
• Visit of teachers to neighboring reputed CBSE affiliated
schools for exchange of study material and Human Resources if
required for a week or so.
• Fortnightly /Monthly subject committee meetings to be arranged
to review and analyze and plan the academic schedule for each
• Effective programmed to be chalked out for comprehensive
revision of all subjects by subject teachers as per planned time
schedule. It will be effectively monitored and guided by
Principal for Sen. Sec, classes and VI to IX classes by the by
the Vice-Principal / SMT.
• CCE Exam system i.e Unit Test, Term Tests will be effectively
conducted as per planned schedule and meticulously evaluated &
analyzed and follow up action to be taken without delay.
• .A Stable Class wise and Subject wise time table to be made in
accordance with the NVS Academic Advisory Committee instructions
/ CBSE periods
• Remedial classes, Evening Prep. Night study to be. Planned by
the vidyalaya academic committee in consultation with teaching
staff& student monitors according to subject need and
requirement of students.
• Monthly format for coverage of syllabus.
• Identification of slow learners with their difficulties and
remediation measures to be planned and follow up action to be
taken in consultation with subject teachers and students.
• Minimum Five Model Practice Papers of CBSE pattern to be
solved in the class by subject teachers then Model answers
dictated to supportive learners and got noted by them for
learning and writing practice.
• After coverage of syllabus, Chapter wise class tests to be
conducted, • immediately evaluated with corrections and writing
practice to be given especially to supportive learners for their
improvement in particular areas of difficulties unit wise and
• Each Pre Board Exam answer sheets to be evaluated immediately
and shown to students. The teachers to note down the matrix of
questions and identify the difficult areas. The teacher to
discuss the whole paper and provide model answers to students to
rewrite and improve.
• Students having secured 75% marks and above should be left to
self study under the supervision of teachers. Average students
should be taken in class for discussion and practice of 10 years
CBSE pattern practice papers to be given. More attention to be
paid on Supportive/Critical cases with selected syllabus for
written practice followed by test and rewritten practice after
evaluation. Such students will be adopted by teachers for
counseling, guidance and monitoring their study achievements,
health care and confidence.
• Last but not the least, it is most important to let them do
self study for 15 days before commencement of Annual Exam under
supervision of teachers in Academic block/ open space, wherever
they feel comfortable. They should be made stress free,
enquiring frequently about health, cheerfulness and confidence.
They should provide all facilities even extra stationery, night
tea to concentrate on study and forget the tension of annual
examination. • All these points and time to time Academic
instructions from Regional Office and NVS Headquarter will be
implemented sincerely by subject teachers and monitored will be
done and, guidance and counseling provided to students and staff
by Principal, to surely enable the Vidyalaya to achieve the
target of academic excellence in CBSE classes and non-board
classes during ensuing March 2013.